“Approximately six months before his death, the metal icon collaborated with Chris Declercq on what would become his final solo recording. ‘We Are The Ones’ is available to listen to […] now” – via NME
In case you missed it when it was first published, as I did, Metalwani.com has it in full, Dr. Brian May’s tribute to our legendary hero, Lemmy:
“He was the hell-raising, grizzled, frontman of Motörhead who took pride in his excessive hardcore lifestyle and once invited fans to ‘Love Me Like a Reptile.’
So when palaeontologists at the National History Museum were choosing a name for their new ferocious Jurassic sea-crocodile, Lemmy seemed the obvious choice.”
P.S.: Learn how to spell, Telegraph editors!
Noisey have published the following interview as a part of their Guitar Moves series. It was shot a few months before Lemmy’s passing at the Rainbow.
In other news, Heacycon has been merged with Insomnia60.
Also, don’t forget that HeavyCon in Birmingham will have the first official Lemmy museum that includes the real bomber rig.
In other related news, The Damned are recording a new album and selling some VIP extras for their upcoming tour.
- Metal Hammer Golden Gods 2016 live blog
- Lemmy speaks out against human trafficking
- 366 Days of Motörhead
- Lemmy – The Final Interview
- Lemmy Kilmister’s Legacy Lives On At The Rainbow Bar & Grill
Last but not least, good things are afoot in the Motörhead digital department it seems… We shall see.
- The Lemmy statue at the Rainbow has been fully funded!
- Heavy metal 115 still wants to be called Lemmium!
- Loyal Turkish Motörhead Fans Distribute Traditional ‘Lokma’ in Memory of Lemmy Kilmister (The Daily Sabah)
- Dave Grohl Persuaded The Grammys to Pay Tribute To Motörhead’s Lemmy (NME)
- Motörhead’s Mikkey Dee: ‘Lemmy Told Me He’d Fire Me If I Tried Drugs’ (SFK)
As anticipated, the Hollywood Vampires paid tribute to Lemmy with a shortened version of Ace of Spades:
Artisan News Service also released a video of a Q&A Paul, Lemmy’s son, did after the event:
Some interesting new developments:
- Podcast One: Lemmy Tribute with Phil Campbell on Talk Is Jericho – EP218
- SFK: Motorhead’s Phil Campbell: ‘It’s Just Going to Take a Lot of Time’ to Get Over Lemmy Kilmister’s Death
- EW: Johnny Depp and Alice Cooper’s supergroup will pay tribute to Lemmy Kilmister at Grammys
- Metal Hammer: The 10 Best Motörhead Cover Versions of All Time
- Motörhead England: Exclusive Danny B. Harvey Interview
- BBC: Download Festival renames main stage in memory of Lemmy from Motorhead
- Classic Rock: Lemmy Bronze Statue Set For Rainbow
- Metal Forces: Former Motörhead Guitarist Phil Campbell: Slipknot’s Chris Fehn Records Guest Drum Parts For Debut Solo Album