Just over a month after Lemmy’s passing and on the weekend where we would have celebrated 40 years of Motörhead at the Hammersmith Odeon, here are some new links since the last digest.
Some new links since the last digest:
- Loudwire: Motorhead’s Lemmy Kilmister Official Cause of Death Revealed
- The Stoke Sentinel: The Way We Were: Volume level at Motörhead gig made your fillings rattle
- NME: BBC iPlayer to debut tribute documentary on Motörhead’s Lemmy tonight
- Metal Talk: “Lemmy Asked Me to Join Motörhead” – Michael Schenker Interview
- Daily Record: Rockstars including Slash and late Motorhead icon Lemmy back ‘Lentil Rocks’ campaign in memory of stillborn Scots baby
- Blabbermouth: Rob Halford Remembers Lemmy: ‘He Always Lived To Win, Right To The Very End’
- SKC Magazine: Former Metallica Bassist Jason Newsted Says Lemmy Was His ‘Savior’
- Metal Injection: Sorry, That Lemmy & David Bowie Photo Is A Fake 🙁
- The Observer: The Music Lemmy Left Behind Is Even Greater Than His Myth
- Metal Hammer: Metal Hammer writer Mörat spoke at Lemmy’s funeral. Here he remembers the day, from joking with Grohl to calling Lemmy’s phone one last time…
- Blabbermouth: Food & Beverage Magazine Renames Jack And Coke In Lemmy’s Honor
- Classic Rock: Listen to the Classic Rock Magazine Show’s Tribute to Lemmy On Demand
- Agoraphobic News: Killed by Death! In memory of Ian Lemmy Kilmister
- Noisey: Motörhead Fans and Friends Paid Tribute to Lemmy at the Rainbow Bar & Grill, His Favorite Los Angeles Haunt
- Daily Mail: ‘He’s the one true rock ‘n’ roller’: Rock royalty including former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl and Slash of Guns N’ Roses give touching tributes at Lemmy Kilmister’s funeral
- Metal Hammer: In Pictures: We Went to Lemmy’s Memorial on the Sunset Strip
- Metal Hammer: Phil Campbell Explains Lemmy Funeral Absence
- Blabbermouth: Video: Motörhead’s Mikkey Dee Asks For Moment Of Silence To Honor Lemmy
- Laughing Squid: San Francisco Artists Give an Effigy of Motörhead Frontman Lemmy Kilmister a Fiery Viking Funeral
- Rolling Stone: Remembering Lemmy: Fans, Rockers Toast Metal Legend at L.A. Tributes
Some more material since my last digest:
- Californa Rock News: Metal Allegiance and Many Special Guests Pay Tribute To Lemmy At The Whisky 1/9/2015
- NME: Dave Grohl and Slash pay tribute to Lemmy at funeral of Motörhead frontman – watch
- Kent Online: Lemmy memories for Les Best as funeral takes place today of Motorhead legend
- Classic Rock: Lemmy Appears in Posthumous Milk Advert
- Classic Rock: The World According to Lemmy
“We have honestly been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love for
Lemmy from everyone everywhere. Sadly, we have also been upset
to see bootleggers wasting no time getting in on the act and
exploiting the situation. We have subsequently realised that you
want to commemorate him by getting something, so we are going
to do our best to supply that officially. Here is a shirt to start with,
we hope you like it, and we will endeavour to offer more in the
future, and please let us know what you would like to see.”
John Wright from York has created the above petition. Now I know Lemmy played rock’n’roll, but think what would have been had he not caused the creation of metal. No Lemmy, no big four and many more!
Motörhead issued the following statement:
On Saturday January 9th, the world will come together and celebrate the life of our friend, and legend, Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister.
Family and close friends will observe a service at Forest Lawn Memorial Cemetery, Hollywood, commencing at 3pm PST and ending at 4.30pm.
With such limited space available on-site, we respectfully ask that you may not attend… but we want you ALL to be a part of this, so we are setting up a live feed of the service via the internet on Motörhead’s official You Tube channel (stay tuned for specific link details before the service).
So wherever you are, PLEASE get together and watch the service with fellow Motörheadbangers and friends. GO to your favourite bar, or your favourite club, make sure they have access to an internet connection and toast along with us.
Or simply invite your pals around and celebrate Lemmy’s life at home.
Whatever your venue, and however you can, let’s be sure to gather globally on Saturday 9th and celebrate the life of our dear friend and irreplaceable icon.
NOTE: For anyone wishing to send flowers, please contact Karen Brando at:
Flowers by Michael
+ 1 310 276-1003
If you’d like to make a charitable donation under Lemmy’s name, please go to: Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund: http://www.diocancerfund.org/
Band and crew announcements
- Classic Rock: Lemmy Dead at 70 (Contains press release)
- Classic Rock: Mikkey Dee: Let’s Make Lemmy Proud
- Classic Rock: Campbell: Turn it Up to 11, Celebrate Lemmy’s Life
- Classic Rock: Lemmy Took Cancer News Better Than All of Us – Manager
- Classic Rock: Fast Eddie: World Seems a Really Empty Place
Welcome to lemmy.memorial, a fan driven memorial site to the late legend Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister, best known as the frontman of British rock ‘n’ roll band Motörhead.
As news of his untimely passing spread, many tributes, eulogies and obituaries were published. This site’s aim is to collect these as well as whatever material serves to remember this legend.